The Cockburn Association (The Edinburgh Civic Trust) is a registered Scottish Charity which works to:
- Promote the conservation and enhancement of Edinburgh’s landscape and historic and architectural heritage;
- Encourage high quality contemporary design for buildings that blend with and enhance their surroundings;
- Promote improvement of the aesthetic and functional quality of shared spaces such as public squares, streets and pavements;
- Support the protection of the Green Belt, important open spaces and good agricultural land from unsuitable development;
- Encourage the development and proper use of sustainable transport systems, with priority given to public transport, cycling and pedestrian environments;
- Encourage greater public interest and involvement in planning, conservation and design.
Cockburn Constitution (2012 revision)